How to plan a Middle School Fall/Winter Retreat
All cells should plan a fall or winter retreat to take place between October and March. Retreats are a great event for your cell groups and, with some pre-planning, can turn out really sweet. Here are some points to think through when planning your retreat.
- You will want to have a teaching series (3 teachings / discussions).
- Potential retreat locations - See below for a list of retreat site.
- Remember: Safety first on retreats: plan safe and legal activities, wear seat belts, etc.
- Sample Menus:
- Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, and Juice or Milk
- Bagels, Donuts and Juice or Milk
- Hash browns, Sausage and Juice or Milk
- Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup, Carrots & Celery
- Cold cut sandwiches, Baked Beans and Chips
- Sloppy Joe's, Coleslaw and Chips
- Spaghetti, French Bread, Bag-o-Salad, Cookies
- Lasagna, Texas Toast, Bag-o-Salad, Brownies
- Chicken Nuggets, French Fries, Canned Fruit
- Note: You will have a tendency to over-buy. Look at the servings per container on the packages; they are usually very accurate.
- Please do not exceed $50 per student.
- Have your checks made out to a central cell worker. Do not have checks made out to Dwell.
- Create a flyer (sample here) that has contact information for parents. The Dwell office will not have retreat information for the 40+ cells so make sure parents receive your contact info.
- Permission Slips:
- Attach a permission slip (download template here) for each student.
- You will need to take the slips with you during the weekend retreat.